We rely on more than 350 volunteers throughout Nebraska to help grant the wishes of children battling critical illnesses. Every volunteer plays a vital role in helping us achieve our mission.
Our volunteer application process is:
Complete our online Volunteer Application . If you do not have access to a computer, please call Courtney Cleveringa at 402.333.8999 ext. 2807, and she will help input your information.
- Once we have received your application, we will contact you within 3-5 business days regarding the next steps.
- Attend a volunteer orientation. New Volunteer Orientation is required to become a volunteer for Make-A-Wish Nebraska. At the orientation you will learn the history, mission, and values of Make-A-Wish along with all the different ways you can volunteer with our organization. For more information on orientation date & times, click here.
- Some volunteer positions require the volunteer to complete a national background check. The background check is completed online, and we ask the volunteer to cover the initial cost. Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- After your background check is completed, we will contact you after you have been approved and notify you of the required training needed based on your interests.
- If you are interested in becoming a Wish Granter, please attend our New Volunteer Orientation first to learn about next steps. You must be 21 years or older to qualify for that role.